Wednesday, December 28, 2005

2005

I see that almost everybody looks through the past year and judges whether it has been good, bad or ugly. And at this time of the year, I can't stop thinking about it either. I think, 2005 in comparison with 2004 was far much better for me. Better in all its senses really. 2004 was just plainly a bad year and it ended even uglier on 31st night at a horrible party in Atlanta, GA
It ended soo bad that I had shaded a sad picture for 2005 as well
But then these are some of the events that made 2005 a year better, and I think a year to remember.

Winter Quarter:
- getting to know Bhavik and living with him in the same apartment! his life stories.....haha!
- Physics 112 class with Namrata, Sonal and Mikey...I actually didn't enjoy that class, and all that icecream I had to treat Namrata for helping me in HWs got me to the edge of my budget ;)
-Accounting 211 class with Johny.....I'll remember those looong nights matching numbers and calling Deepa in the end for help!
-Randomly sitting around at Namrata and Sonal's apartment, begging for their home food.
-Rooming with Anuj.......all I can say is 'sigh'
-Coming up with ideas for Srujan MCing......sitting around talking about it in Ankit's room
-oh yeah, getting shocked watching Ankit first time after his hep A weight loss! (actually, I saw his photo....he seemed like he went to prison or something.)
-painful dance practice for apdi pode dance under Deepa's strict code.
-Rohit randomly coming down to our apartment.
-Becoming a Bappi Laheri fan after hearing Disco 82....thanks Ankit for introducing me to it!
-Going to the gym with Rohit and Bhavik and occasionally Anuj!

Went to India for spring break!! I couldn't believe myself for doing this....but then my dad was getting an award and I didn't want to miss it....Plus I had loads of fun celebrating Holi in Delhi.

Spring Quarter:(at last!!)
-hectic practices for the dance, hardest time remembering the steps!!
-writing the MC script with Namrata....it was so much fun, and we were proud of some of our ideas!
- The Srujan show it self. I was glad people enjoyed our performence(s) and Disco 82 performance on stage!!!!
-Social Dance class. Yes this desereves to be in bold!! Ankit and me had soo much fun in this class. Ankit was enjoying the social part while I was enjoying dances too! We made many friends, got to dance with many girls! , and we even got compliments from them!
-I was a part of the the team headed by Namrata for raising funds for American Society for cancer research....the 24 hour event was quite fun, more than I had expected besides we had little fun raising money for a good cause.
-ice-creams @ UDF after every social dance class with Ankit, Nicole and Kavita!!
-Tuesday nights @ BW3s for 35 cents Chicken wings- a tradition starts!! and is still being followed!!
-My Birthday! I got the most thoughtful gift ever --5 books!......Thank you guys!!
-good grades!(probably my best quarter so far!)
-parties at my apartment.
-This one night when only Rohit, Bhavik and me had a party among our selves in my apartment.
-growing my hair.
-Anuj and Aditi (don't know what more to explain)

California was sooo beautiful. I was there for the break before summer quarter. Had a great time hicking and enjoyed the break with soo many cousins and my nephews and nieces and even my parents came down.

Summer Quarter:
-REGULAR workout with Ankit @ arc!
-Learning to ride a Horse with Ankit Srivastava
-Atanu's Mom staying at our apartment.....
-Always at Sonal and Namrata's place --gossiping!!
-Abhishek as my new apartment-mate--had a great time living with him.
- Rooming with VARAPRASAD---stories to tell!!!!!!!
-Still going for thursday night ice-creams with Nicole (Ankit ditched us many times...)
-Loooooooonnnng hours talking with Ankit!!!
-summer weather! (first summer in US)

In the break, back to India! Fun with family, sister and my 2 naughty bhanjas.
Long drives late night. and driving the Mercedes CLS 500 @ 180+ kms/hr- phew!!

Fall Quarter:
-Moving into an studio apartment.
-Bus-Fin 620 class with Deepa and those Fucking exams :'(
-Birthdayssssssssssssss!!! Celebrating 4 or 5 (i lost count) birthdays!!
- Recieving a very special compliment from Deepa ;)
-Interviews and chit-chatting with Nicole.
-Ankit's stay overs and making use of my futon! :p
-Halloween Party!
-hate mails for creating a group on facebook!!

Winter break back home in India! i was a little de-motivated because of grades in fall quarter and the end of the year nears very fast!

Well, I know this post might be boring....But I want people to tell me their most memorable time with me in 2005 (good or bad!)....so I can make 2006 a even better year and also make sure I remember those moments since I do tend to forget many things!!!! so guys, pls comment.....


5 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, December 28, 2005, Blogger Ankit said...

you forgot:

- Karan's visit to OSU
- long hours spent at Buckeye Donuts
- clubbing during the summer
- halloween party
- dave chappelle!
- reading harry potter
- thanksgiving
- and probably more i can't remember now...

 
At 8:12 PM, December 28, 2005, Blogger nerdbabe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:16 PM, December 28, 2005, Blogger nerdbabe said...

let's have a rerun of physics 112!! i liked spending your money on ice cream :)

ankit, he did mention halloween..though he didn't mention he had the best costume (not to mention the best makeup ;) )

and you forgot to mention the pranks! specially the radhu stalker prank :):)

 
At 9:27 PM, December 29, 2005, Blogger nerdbabe said...

hehe..adip didn't delete that comment...i did. i was just trying to edit out some spelling mistakes and the whole thing got deleted. stupid blogpspot!

 
At 3:16 AM, December 30, 2005, Blogger Adip said...

I can't believe I forgot Buckeye Donuts!! and Harry Potter...Thanks Ankit! And I also forgot to all those relaxing days and nights spent at your house! no wonder the fall list was a little short! ;)

And yeah, I almost forgot the Radhika's prank...and the songs we wrote for her! haha

Richadi, I was telling my friends too, how out of nowhere, in a middle of a conversation, u are like " Adip, tu itna bada ho gaya hai" and you have done this 3-4 times! :)

Hope everyone enjoys the last day of this year to their best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home