Friday, September 29, 2006

Update

So I haven't posted for months now for various reasons. I was too busy, I was travelling half way around the world and most improtantly I just didn't want to share some thoughts I was having in the period. However, on public demand; I am updating.

A word on California:
"California was nothing like I have ever seen before. People were liberated, independent, full of new ideas and women were beautiful."
-I stole this from the movie 'Blow'

Then I was India for almost a month. We had a huge family get together which was great. I also went to Manipal to visit Rahul. I realized what I am missing studying in the US. Trips to panwala, roadside food, travelling ard on bikes. but most importantly I have missed the people! Manipal was a big 'reverse' cultural shock to me. I can go on and on about that, but in the end I am very glad I made a trip there to experience all that. And, Rahul took really good care of me, Thank you Rahul.

Now back in Ohio, I moved into a new apartment with Ankit. Yay! We tried to move in and settle as fast as possible. But 'fate' had it otherwise. There was no gas so no hot water, no gas stove and no cooking. They discovered theres a leak in the pipes so people came to repair it. Still not fixed, still no gas :( We go to RPAC to take shower, Ankit goes to Sonal's place, and as I planned to, we can't cook. I cannot stand this disgusting food anymore. In california I had 100s of options, Ohio ofcourse is not california and cooking is the best option. So all in all, it sucks right now.

So I think that is a very good update, now I just hope I don't crazy ideas and thoughts that I cannot share and so I'll update regularly!

5 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, October 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hold on a sec, there was a gas leak in your apt?? you do realize that's pretty dangerous and you could take some pretty serious legal action against your realtor if it's not fixed asap...

 
At 4:09 AM, October 02, 2006, Blogger Karthik said...

gas leak...sounds like ankit, hehehe =P

 
At 3:40 AM, October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep..Cali is pretty.

 
At 8:48 AM, October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get Rohit Married, this shows in your blog profile... what the hell are you upto now?

 
At 3:53 PM, November 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you visited Rahul in manipal...haven't seen him in ages!..!!?? - Chiraag

 

Post a Comment

<< Home